Projects are the mechanism by which work gets done. Implementing new services, launching a marketing campaign, releasing new products, or rolling out a new training programme can be thought of as project work.
If you’re responsible for managing an initiative that has a start and end date, requires liaising with other departments, coordinating the team’s efforts, and delivering results, guess what–you’re running a project and you’re a project manager.
Master the skill to become a good project manager with this highly-facilitated one-day workshop. In this workshop we will teach you a simple 4-step model that will help you maximise project success.
This course is designed for individuals with little or no prior knowledge of project management, who are not project managers by job role but that undertake project work that are interested in learning the basics in project management and delivering better project outcomes. This course will benefit anyone in who anyone who manages projects such as human resources, contracting, L&D, public relations, marketing and more.
If you plan on attending this course, make sure to bring ideas and current work to the class. A few of these ideas will be chosen that we will apply the 4-step model to – showing how the process is applied to real-life work and situations.
During this energetic one-day workshop class, participants will:
- Build a project plan and the foundation for success– plan, manage and track it all!
- Learn and reinforce best practices from project management that help organise work
- Learn how to identify and manage project risks
- Learn how to anticipate changes and quickly adapt
- Apply these best practices to real-life work while completing a series of activities
- Collaborate on work, share experiences and learn from each other
Build on Your Success
- Revisit our Solution
- Next Steps and Action Planning
Leverage Collective Experiences
- Team Presentations and Key Learning Review
Ethics and Leadership
The definition of ethics and the link between ethics and trust
The role of ethical behaviour and leadership
The difference between personal and organisational ethics
Discuss the effect of the triple constraint on ethics
Your Project Reality
- Today’s realities and challenges
- VUCA World and VUCA Prime
- Project, Project Management and Project Management Methodologies
- Our Solution: The 17-step model of managing project-based work
- Why projects fail or succeed